Choosing The Right Dehumidifier
You have decided that a dehumidifier will be a great asset to your home or office, but what size do you need for the space you want to put it in?
Jump straight to the sizing chart here.
Do not fear, this process is simpler than you think, and we have highlighted all the steps you need to figure it out below:
Start at the beginning - How are dehumidifiers sized?
Total moisture removal capacity is how a dehumidifier is sized. The capacity is rated by the litres of moisture that it removes out of a space in 24 hours. For example:
To make an informed decision on which dehumidifier is better suited for your application you can start with the number of bedrooms on your property.
Also, take into account:
- If the property is a single or double story- you will need a dehumidifier per level suited to that area.
- How many people live on this property. The number of people in a space at any given time greatly increases the humidity of an area. This is because people create moisture, leading to more humidity. A family of 2 to 3 people can use a 10L to 12L dehumidifier, whereas a larger family may need to use a 12L to 20L.
A quick reference:
- If your home is located in a humid climate, add 5L.
- If multiple people live or will spend time in the home, add 5L.
- If there are multiple south-facing external doors and windows in the home, add 5L.
- If there is a washer and dryer nearby, add 5L.
Dehumidifier Sizing Chart:
The below chart was created to assist with making a decision easier. Take into account the above conditions of your space and the capacity of the dehumidifier.
We know that this may seem overwhelming, but with the above information sought out and better understood, choosing the perfect dehumidifier is a click away.
If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.